Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ince Georgie attacked her last week Zoey has been a COMPLETELY different dog, moody, irritable, stubborn as all get out and seriously depressed, not my happy zoom zoom Zoey at all. She is not eating well if at all. Tonight she's refusing EVERYTHING. She ate about 1/2 a portion of hamburger yesterday at lunch time, & about 1/4th of her portion of pork last night at dinner, so since she wouldn't eat breakfast today, nor when I offered it at lunch time, I decided to try hamburger mixed with tripe (which is one of her favorites), nope, nada, nothing, she licked it once but that was it, wouldn't even attempt to take it out of my hand, she seriously is acting like I am trying to feed her poisoned meat, yet she is BEGGING for food, going crazy when I feed the other dogs and the cats. I am starting to get REALLY worried about her she has not eaten a normal full meal portion since Monday. I am going to have my dad/vet check her out again tomorrow, she hasn't been the same since her Grand Mal seizure/Georgie attacking her last week, and I'm really concerned. I wonder if Georgie damaged her throat so she's having a hard time swallowing when he had her pinned. (In which case I will NEVER forgive myself). She had blood work done last week and it was all normal. I just hope this isn't the beginning of the end with her. I don't want to sound whoa is me, but she's already outlived her hydrocephalus life expectancy by about 4 & 1/2 years. :-( So every day I have with her is a blessing & a bonus, and I've never seen her this bad. She is to turn 5 years old on Monday the 25th, I hope & pray she makes it that long.

As for Georgie, we have yet to make a decision, he is at 'boot' camp with the trainer this week, and with everything going on with Zoey, she has agreed to keep him indefinitely if needed. She is to give me her evaluation tomorrow or Monday on what she thinks.

Thank-you for letting me 'vent' my feelings. I'm in tears right now :-( This isn't fair!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I will praying for the little girl she is a real sweetie.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry, hopefully your Dad will be able to pin point somthing that is bothering her. maybe she needs some IV fluids? Is there anything that can be given to her to increase her appetite? I will pray for your little Zoey. I hope she is better tomorow.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that Zoey isn't doing well. That poor baby. I hope she gets better real quick. Hopefully your dad will have some answers for you. My prayers are with you and Zoey.
Please keep us updated.

Maybe you could sear her meat a bit. Just to entice her to eat. She so needs food in her tummy.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear Zoey isn't doing well, hun. Poor little girl. :( I know how stressful this must be for you. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts, hopefully things will get better for her. x

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A small update, my dad had me give her some pain medication (buprenorphine) wait about an hour and then try adding a tiny tiny tiny smidge of garlic to her food. I am pleased to say she finished about 1 & 1/2 oz (normal meal size for her is 1oz) of raw hamburger & canned tripe. Woot Woot! I'm doing the mega happy dance right now. My dad said that the seizures can and will alter their personality especially where hers was so severe when Georgie attacked her. He is going to do a thorough exam as well as check her throat with possibly xrays to check for damage tomorrow. He felt that was a possibility as well especially where she already has a collapsing trachea. So just wanted to say something positive.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That's wonderful! So glad to hear it! :hello1:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
YEA!!! Good Girl Zoey! I am sooooo glad you ate your dinner tonight for your Mommy! Keep it up girly - you can pull through this! We are all here pulling for you. Lots of prayers and well wishes coming your way! (((HUGS)))

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
We are thinking about little Zoey and you hun...keep us updated. I hope the little bit of food she ate helps her get the pep back in her step :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'm sorry Zoey isn't doing well & will keep her in our thoughts. I'm SO glad to hear she ate her dinner great though & hope its the start to her coming back around. Get better soon sweet Zoey!!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that Zoey isn't doing so well. :( It's great that you were able to get her to eat better last night. I sure hope to hear your little girl is all back to herself very soon. I can only imagine how stressful this all is for you. She's your baby, and you worry. We are sending our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your Angel. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zoey ate maybe 1/4th of her breakfast this morning (ground turkey). She can't stop shaking/shivering this morning even though she's sleeping on a heating pad and covered :-( My dad has a pretty busy morning but hopefully he can squeeze her in for a check. Wondering if her throat is sore since she is only wanting to eat ground meats or very small chunks? Does anyone know can you grind cornish hen with bone in just a food processor? We don't have a meat grinder. She needs to have some bone, she hasn't had any for over a week now. Her stools are getting really mushy.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Poor Zoey. :( I really hope you can get to the bottom of her troubles.

As for bone...what if you took egg shells & made them into a powder? This is what I do when I feed raw eggs. They won't eat the shell alone but I mix the egg & shell powder together & they can get it down pretty much w/o realizing it. I think you can also buy egg shell powder at some stores because it's all bone/calcium. A shell is very close to 10% of the whole egg...to give you an idea of percentage.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ooh I didn't think of that, she will eat egg shells if I break them up for her. I will give that a try.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts