Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She goes in for her surgery tomorrow at 7 AM to have the tooth removed that caused the ulcer in her mouth. I hope the ulcer has not caused a fistula into her sinus passage as she seems to "get water in her nose alot". She is feeling alot better now after getting the antibiotic shot last week. She is still on chicken and low sodium brooth eating a bit more each day finally had a BM last night, 1st in 6 days but she has not been eating much at all.
THE BAD NEWS......Her blood work came back with an alt of 295 (should be 12-118. Her Bun was 16 (middle of the normal range) and her creatine was 0.6 ( on the low side, but not out of range). Everything else was normal other then the Platelet count at 615, but tht was expected due to the infection. I think the alt is a bit high to just be from the infection. They are suggesting liver shunt so special precaution will be taken with her anesthia. I have not had bile scids yet due to the infection. They want to put her on Hills L/D or Purina EN. Any input on which is better would help. And recheck her levels in 3 months. She has never shown any signs and is healthy as a horse. They will do an ultrasound at the same time to check the liver. I am just worried about her being put under with an ALT that high.
Any input from anyone and prayers of course, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much. Kay & Zoey

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
You can count on the prayers from our place for Zoey, and for you as she goes thru her procedure. Blessings, Deb

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I will say a prayer for Zoey...and you! I know how stressful it is whenever one of our little ones has to have surgery of any kind. Hugs and know that she will be just fine!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I'll be thinking of you and Zoey.

I'm sure she'll be fine, but I know you just can't wait until she's home in your arms again.

Good luck, sweet little girl !

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't know/trust either of those foods so I can't give you any useful advice, but I'll be praying for you both.

The ALT count can definitely be that high because of the infection. While she is under for the ultrasound of her liver, have them also check her gallbladder, as poor gallbladder function can affect her liver. There are several different medicines that can help with liver issues...Zentonil and Denamarin are the two I know by name because one of my friend's labs flipped between them at one point.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I will be thinking of you Kay and sweet Zoey tomorrow. Will be on pins and needles waiting to hear that the surgery is over and all is well. We are right here with you.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Aww Zoey... We will be thinking of you here Good luck little one ((Huggs Kay))

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Poor wee Zoey. Ill be sending good thoughts your way that all goes well tomorrow and any abnormalities in her blood work are cleared up once shes feeling better. You must be worried sick.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Prayers, know we are all with you while your in the waiting room. Please update us when you can.

Be strong sweet girl xoxoxo

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all so much, it really means alot....I keep looking at her and she seems to be fine, how can she be so sick. The vet said she will also be sending her home with Denamarin for a liver supplement. I know you all understand what we are going thru at this time. I don't think I could stand to loose another fur baby.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kay, you and precious Zoey are in our prayers. Sparkles and I hope we hear good news from you tomorrow. My Sparkles is a tiny like your angelic Zoey.xxooofrom Sparkles to Zoey the precious darling chi!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm sure she will be fine Kay. Keep strong for Zoey. It's times like this I wish they could understand so we could explain to them that there is no need to worry at the vets. Keep us posted x

1 - 20 of 28 Posts