Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: poor little zoey... lately she's been limping on one of her back legs and i suspected a luxating patella.

it's worse than that... i guess she has some sort of congenital defect in her back legs where they didn't develop completely. her knee caps are slipping in and out-- but the tendons behind her knees are also not doing their job. so for now she has to have surgery on one of her back legs and eventually she'll need surgery again on the other back leg. i guess sometimes the vet just removes the knee cap. apparently small dogs dont need em as much as big does do. (((i dunno, that's what i've heard at least))) the orthopedic surgeon will have to decide what he wants to do when he does more xrays.

this is really poor timing- i just graduated from college and i'm in the process of finding a job. everything will work out, though. i have faith.... :)

everybody, please pray for her! :wave:

i'm working on resizing a new picture to post. i'll do that asap!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
here's a picture of the queen zoey. i'm not sure why it's posting sooo small :evil:

we taught her to give hugs. but she always seemed to give them at the worst times-- like when i was studying for finals. :lol: what a goof!! but she is just SO SWEET!

i miss you guys too!! i've been so busy lately-- hopefully i'll find a job & apartment soon and can start to settle down. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the good thoughts, guys! :)

she has an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon next friday and then we'll know when the surgery will be. it's sad because she acts completely normal -except for the occasional limping- we didn't even know her legs were in such bad shape! :(

i'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks so much for that info!!

your chi did okay with the surgery? i'm a little worried & am really praying for the best. :) but zoey is a trooper-- i bet she'll do great.

she also is going to have to have her other back leg done in the future. i guess her back right isn't as bad as her back left yet.

how much did the surgery cost you? :wave:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, the estimate is about 1500 for us... but that's before followup xrays and such.

but she's so WORTH IT! i dont care how much it is. i'll just use another credit card :lol:

and yes, i'm ALREADY spoiling her more than usual and she hasnt even had her surgery yet! :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i wonder if zoey will need an e collar-- when she was spayed she never licked her stitches or anything. i dont think she'll tolerate one anyway...

ms_p, was the cast really huge? sorry to be asking so many questions. i just want to be totally prepared!

thanks again everybody :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.