Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoey is not her usual hyper self tonight. Wouldn't eat her dinner (not even a treat which is really odd for her)or drink. She dosen't seem to be dehydrated but is licking her lips alot so I had a look in her mouth and she has a crooked tooth and it looks like it has put a hole in her cheek. He gums, teeth (other then the crooked one that is pokeing out) and tongue look good. But is there anything I can do for her until I get to the vet. She seems uncomfortable. Poor thing.
This is my 5.000 post....

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
oh poor thing,i have no idea Kay don't know if baby teething gel rubbed on the gums would help.
5,001 posts now, is that all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Do you have any popsicles? Give her ice cold popsicles to lick. She might take it if you hold it. That will help numb her mouth a little.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ah poor baby. Let us know what the vet says. Congrats on your 5000th post!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, I have an appointment today at 100. I am sure they are going to want to take the tooth out (at a later date). I am so worried about having her put under after what happen to little Chopper.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Poor Zoey....Bella, Lina, and I send hugs to Zoey for a speedy recovery.

Last year Bella had a cracked tooth down to the root, which we found out because one side of her face swelled up overnight. We took her to our vet immediately. He pulled the tooth out and gave her antibiotics for 7 days. She came home and slept and didn't want to eat all day. However, by the next morning she was back to her normal self, and ate chicken and rice for the next couple of days.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww poor Bella, did they have to put her out for it?

Poor Zoey....Bella, Lina, and I send hugs to Zoey for a speedy recovery.

Last year Bella had a cracked tooth down to the root, which we found out because one side of her face swelled up overnight. We took her to our vet immediately. He pulled the tooth out and gave her antibiotics for 7 days. She came home and slept and didn't want to eat all day. However, by the next morning she was back to her normal self, and ate chicken and rice for the next couple of days.

·
Registered
128 Posts
They most likely did...I can't imagine any dog staying still with just local anesthesia getting a tooth pulled. :p

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, but two weeks ago I noticed Chip's retained baby canine was incredibly loose and I'm very worried about having him put under for the extraction as well :( I'm sure Zoey will be fine, though!

Oh, and baby Orajel or Anbesol would be fine as long as you don't give her a whole lot. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
What happened..?? Hope she's feeling better! Did the vet make any suggestions on what should have been given to help out with the discomfort?? Just asking in case it ever happens to my little Zoey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts