Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Zoey has been doing fairly good the past few days, except today she's clearly not feeling well, she squatted to pee 4 times in about 15 minutes and the last time nothing came out....so I took her downstairs to have my dad check her, he doesn't feel any stones or anything, but her bladder wall is extremely thickened and irritated. She's already on antibiotics for a bladder infection, but we are adding an anti-inflammatory to it. We will check her again on Tuesday and see how she's doing, may need a xray where they inject a die into her bladder to see what's going on, it will outline the bladder/urinary tract etc. Then we got the DTM Culture results back on Ziva and she has Ringworm :foxes15: on her neck, the back of her neck, and now a big spot on the front of her left ear.....I am not happy about this, called the Petstore to let them know, they could care less. So she gets a medicated anti-fungal bath 2x a week, oral anti-fungal once a day, an antibiotic twice a day, and topical anti-fungal meds 3-4x a day and Tea Tree Oil 3-4x a day....I feel like a pharmacist! I am praying that Zoey won't catch it as I really don't want to put her on the anti-fungals as the side effects can be pretty drastic.

As for George his bloodwork was perfect, so the thyroid isn't the cause of his aggression. Stephanie our trainer is going to take him to 'boot' camp next week and observe him in various situations to help us decide what the best course of action is with him, whether he truly is aggressive with other dogs, or if he just smelt the phermones from Zoey about to have a seizure etc. He's not too happy right now, isn't eating, because he's boarding at the Vet until we get things figured out. Rob doesn't want to put Zoey at risk and I feel bad just confining him to a crate at home all the time. He's doing fine in doggie daycare (well fine as he normally does, he ignores the other dogs and is kind of a loner).

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Wow, you have been busy! I'm sorry this is all going on, especially at once. I hope everything smoothes over for good soon!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Do you have any hair in your head left??? lol Boy, have you got your hands full!!! As they say, when it rains it pours & you're proof of that. I'm glad everything seems to systematically be going well. Hope things get better for you soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts