Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at zoey's nose today and i realized that it is turning brown! :shock: it's always been dark black and i am worried! gives whole new meaning to "brown noser" :lol:

has this happened to anyone else? i heard that plastic food bowls can discolor noses but her food dish is red.... how could that be the problem?

i'm not sure if you can tell in the pic or not. it isnt real obvious unless you really look at her nose. but it definitely is not solid black anymore!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I love Zoey, so dang pretty! Anyway, I don't know what that could be from. Is it only on the front of the nose? Mr. Peepers has a spot on the top of his nose that turns a brown-red but it's because he thinks he has to bury all of his treats. And he tries to bury them in the carpet and blankets and everything else. So his spot is basically rug-burn. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Awwwwwww lol poor Mr. Peepers.
I know plastic bowls can cause an allergic reaction to animals. But I don't know what the reaction is..like if it's a rash etc..

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco's nose is doing the same thing! The middle part is becoming lighter. His food/water bowls are ceramic so I know that's not causing the problem...but anyway his fur has been changing color a lot lately so I assumed the two were related.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
prissydior, we wash her bowl in hot soapy water everytime we feed her. and sometimes between feedings! but we're switching to either ceramic or metal bowls very soon. thanks for the info though! :)

anna, zoey's fur is changing too!! so, i guess i shouldn't worry too much about her nose getting lighter. it's adorable, either way :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
ozzys nose is black but a light brown in middle from burrying things etc I think hes just worn it down lol............does zoey do this.

prissy dior ............... metal bowls are just as bad as overtime they release metal particles and a tinny taste to food and just as much bacteria if you dont wash in hot soapy water

ceramic are best.............regardless of what sort you use they need to be washed once used

1 - 7 of 7 Posts