Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoey is being the stubborn little diva/brat she can sometimes be. She hasn't eaten anything but forcefed yogurt for 24 hours now. Let me tell you that's an adventure, but she has to have her medicine (aloe juice & other things). She won't touch her food, yet is whining, pawing, crying and trying to steal my food. What gives? She wouldn't touch her chicken this morning, so I tried it again tonight, wouldn't touch, tried chicken from a different cornish hen, tried Smelt (which she always inhales) and she won't touch it, yet is sitting her scratching the crap out of my legs for my cooked chicken (which she's not getting any of). The little stink!:foxes15:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with Ziva? (is it Ziva? the Min Pin?)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think her tummy is just still upset from the whole bacterial imbalance she got from the rotten carrot, she's sitting/sleeping in my lap now and her tummy is just grumbling. Probably due to hunger, but she used to do this all the time when she was eating kibble, she would not eat for a day or two and I'd eventually give in and feed her some people food to get her to eat, well now that she's eating raw, she IS eating people food. I got her to eat a couple of broken up treats. So that eases my mind a little. When Zoey gets sick (which used to be quite often) she throws what I call "Diva fits" where she milks it for all she's worth.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Sounds like she's very spoiled! Haha Couldn't you give her cooked chicken if that's what she wants? She may not care for raw. If you really want her to have raw. Don't cook it as long.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Zoey, eat your foodies for Mama! You can't get all better without your nutrition silly girl. You are gonna give your Mama Grey hairs! :lol:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I wonder if she associates the chicken with her tummy ache? Maybe try a piece of beef or pork instead. Although if she didn't want the fish, maybe she just is holding out for something better. You could try smearing a little canned on the meat to see if that will get her started.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously about ready to rip my hair out! So this morning we have tried, cornish hen, steak, pork, the Steve's real food ready made, even tried a little cooked and she won't touch nothing! Tried putting parmasan cheese on stuff, going to take her to the Vet to make sure nothing is causing her not to eat(nice that she has to do this on my day off so 30 minutes each way....she better be sick lol :) if she checks out okay don't know what to do to get her to eat. She will eat a little Natural Balance Food Roll (that I'm using for treats for the new puppy's training) but only 1 tiny tiny square then she spit it out. Stubborn little girl!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Poor lady! :( EAT for your momma! Our guys can't say no to TRIPE and we mix it w/water packed -no salt sardines. Maybe that would work?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from taking her to the vet, she has a Bladder infection & throat infection, Georgie my pomeranian got a throat infection from one of his 'playdate' buddies, so I'm not surprised that Zoey caught it from him. Ziva has a sore throat as well. So the joy of having 3 dogs on antibiotics...so much fun! She caught the bladder infection by licking herself (so from her throat), so she's on antibiotics, cranberry and continued pro-biotics, I hope she feels better soon. I did get her to eat some ground hamburger when we got home as well as some tiny tiny tiny diced up raw chicken. She wouldn't eat it if the pieces were bigger than my pinky finger nail, even the ground hamburger I had to separate into diced size pieces.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Glad you finally found out what's wrong! Glad you didn't wait any longer. Seems like sore throats are going around. I have one due to allergies. Maybe you could get her to lap up some chicken broth after you both some chicken. That would help soothe her throat plus make her tummy feel better. Don't think it would hurt her. Hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, poor Zoey! I'm glad you found out what was wrong & got her some meds. I hope she feels better soon & starts eating normally again soon!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
O no! Poor Zoey! Glad you know whats wrong and can get them all on the mend soon. Sounds like theyre all in need of lots of extra cuddles from mum!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
When it rains it pours!! Glad you got Zoey seen and that you know what you are dealing with. Poor baby. Hope she is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Awww the poor baby! No wonder she didn't want to eat. I'm glad you got her to the vet and he put her on antibiotics so she should be back to her normal Diva self soon! :D

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Poor Zoey. :( I really hope she gets over the hump soon. She just has had a time with everything lately. Get well soon sweet girl. Here's a hug for Mama too. (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw poor little sweetie! Glad you got her meds, I hope she feels better soon!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts