Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or anyone who was following my problems with Zola and the blood in his poo and his sickness.
I just called my breeder. She has 30 chi's so I thought she is bound to have heard of this before.
So anyway... she said she has heard of it before. She told me not to worry and said it sounds like he has an infection. She said maybe it was the food not agreeing with him also. She said what I have to do is give him LIVE bio yogurt morning and night. She said they love it and this will calm his belly almost straight away. She said even if I have to give him this for the rest of his life so be it, it's good for him anyway. She said to do this and NOT to give him chicken. She said it's better for him to eat dog food. She said one of Zola's brothers had a few problems to. He owners of him are on holiday so my breeder is watching him while they are away. She said she gave him Butchers choice and he just loves it and seems fine on it. He was also really skinny and this is helping him to put on weight to.

Ive just been to the shop and got Butcher's wet food (she says I can get dry also) and I got lots of Live bio yogurt to. Fingers crossed this will work. She said to call in a few days and let her know if he's improved. She said never to hesitate calling her... god im so glad I did. Ill keep you all posted :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has been to the vet already. SOOOO many times and he doesnt seem to this it is Coccidia. The breeder does think it is an infection tho and she says the live bio yogurt will help him better than anything so Im gonna see how that goes first. Then call her back if no improvement. She says I need to give it a few days tho

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
paint my world said:
Ive just been to the shop and got Butcher's wet food
Vicky , i'm so pleased to hear he is doing ok today & I'm glad you spoke to the breeder and she helped :) Butchers is a very palatable food ( I'm just not keen on a Butchers tin food dog breath kiss :lol: :lol: ;) BUT that is not at all important :) ) let us know how he gets on ? :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha me noether. Im veggie so any meat he eats then kisses me grosses me out. Ill defo keep you posted. He seems better already like she said he wouldnt but I dont wanna speak to soon. Im gonna take him back to visit her and her 30 chi's. She is currently breeder 7 of her chi's at the moment. How crazy is that

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I hope this clears up whatever is wrong with Zola! I know how frustrating it is to have a pet with a mystery illness that no one can seem to cure, especially when it has such serious symptoms. I know you'll keep us updated on his progress - Cooper and I will keep him in our thoughts and send as many good vibes as we can!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanna say thanks to every one of you for all your lovely thoughts. Zola seems fine today. My sister was watching him today and told me he did 2 big solid poops with no sign of blood. So the live bio yogurt really does work wonders. Heres more it carries on working.

Thanks everyone :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts