Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :wave:
As some of you may already know, I have really bad OCD, along with very bad panic disorder. About 3 weeks ago I started taking the drug Zoloft. Aside from having the runs for a few days and now pretty bad sexual side effects (I just don't care about it lol.) It seems to be helping a bit.
My husband, Dean noticed it first. He said he has his wife back. Made me feel good and bad at the same time. I have been so depressed for so long... I can actually clean my house ONE room at a time and finish it. My concentration has really improved. I also CARE enough to clean my house. It was getting so bad, if I saw something on the floor I would walk over it, rather than pick it up :oops: .....Dishes were always piled up, laundry was washed and dried, but all over the house, never put away...
So I think this medication is actually starting to work...YES!!! I mean I still obsess in my head (I was never the type to keep things organized like some people who are obsessive.)
But it's better, I don't spend all day saying "Oh my God, what will I do if I lose one of my kids in a horrible accident." And then spend the rest of the day trying to figure out how I would cope. Very irrational, but I could NOT help it. I have been living like this for years. Replaying highly unlikely (though possible) scenarios over and over, every day, all day. It was ruining my life.
I am still not quite ready to go out and start socializing and meeting people, but hey- I think happiness has to start at home, and I truly am starting to appreciate things and tolerate things better.... I used to get "urinated" :D off, and I mean realllyyy bent out of shape over the littlest things. For example getting dressed and my toe gets caught on my underbritches ...that would ruin the whole day. I know it sounds extreme, but it WAS extreme... And I think I'm getting better. My therapist is awesome, and he helps a lot with my changing the way I think, and he makes me work at it, and he understands which really is awesome!
Well, I thank you for reading this. I shared as I know a lot of you are going through depression and anxiety, and I just want to give you a little glimmer of hope. There IS help out there.
Love Stacy

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i'm glad you are feeling better stacy !! i hope your life (and your husbands) will be better as of this time !!! does the drug has some side-affects ? (besides the sex-drive :wink: )

kisses nat

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am really glad to hear you are doing better. :) I too have taken zoloft (after taking a couple other drugs that didnt work... Lexapro and one other one i cant remember it was so long ago) and i think its a miracle. That sucks you had side effects, the only thing i had was i couldnt fall asleep very easily at night so i started taking them as soon as i woke up everyday and that took care of that! I really reccomend trying it if there are any of you out there who are dealing with the same issues. I am going to a doc on monday and hopefully he will prescribe me zoloft as my other doctors have in the past. So for those of you out there take our advice there IS help. Once again glad to hear you are doing so well... keep us posted!!! :) :wave:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the kind words and support :) I try to be a good person and good friend, it's just so hard when I am afraid of everything, or have no ambition.

For side effects, the first week I was SOOO tired. I mean fatigue like I never thought possible (and I have 3 kids, more tired than the first year of a baby's life!) I really thought I was going to have to stop taking the meds. Then all of a sudden I realized I wasn't tired anymore- at least not to the point of falling asleep in my dinner plate... I did get the runs :pottytrain4: and was slightly nauseated... :sad4: the typical side effects that make us say "YEAH! Like I want to have all those" when we see the commercials on t.v. :lol: And the sexual side effects I can live with, the zoloft is almost like birth control :ky: hehehe...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Sachem,

I too take Zoloft, for chronic depression that comes from my CFS. I know exactly what he meant when your husband said "I have my wife back". I realised about 2 years ago that I was constantly sad/upset, always stressed, didn't care about anything, then one day I realised "that's not me, I'm a happy person!" So I went off to the doc, we talked a lot, & he prescribed me Zoloft - after about a week of bad nerves (shakiness etc) I felt like my old self again. The only on-going side effect I have is the libido thing (unfortunately!) But I do my best! :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I am so happy you have found a medication that works for you! I know what you mean by side effects though; I was put on lithium almost 10 years ago and I still have nightmares about the first three weeks, staring at the wallpaper in the bathroom, remembering the days that I spent time in other rooms of the house.

Aaahhh, the good old days. :lol:

It's a great feeling to finally feel like you have always wanted to but didn't know was possible. I always knew something wasn't right but couldn't put my finger on it until after I started the meds and my mind settled down. Everything seemed clearer ... I know you know what that means.

Good luck to you!! I hope you have continued success :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Stacy..ask your dr about Celxea..it works just like Zoloft but doesn't have any of the side effects. I was on Zoloft for PPD and couldn't stand the side effects..it made me sick to my stomach and my sex drive went into reverse. I spoke with my dr and he suggested Celexa..it worked very well for me.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cooper said:
It's a great feeling to finally feel like you have always wanted to but didn't know was possible. I always knew something wasn't right but couldn't put my finger on it until after I started the meds and my mind settled down. Everything seemed clearer ... I know you know what that means.
I sure do, and that is exactly what I kept telling my family "something's not right." I was so desperate. I had no insurance, I found out I was pregnant and finally got help from the state, at 10 weeks I miscarried, and it almost put me over the edge, and that is when I at last got some help.
I know I have a long way to go, but at least I care now.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Sachem said:
Thanks all for the kind words and support :) I try to be a good person and good friend, it's just so hard when I am afraid of everything, or have no ambition.
You are obviously a wonderful person and anyone who has you for a friend is a very fortunate person indeed. To me you have always stood out as a very sincere, genuine and caring person and it takes a lot of courage for someone to open up the way you have with the result that so many others get comfort from the fact that they are not alone in that they also had or are having to overcome a personal battle. Thank you Stacy. I wish you all the best, you certainly deserve it. :wave:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all... I have heard of Celexa. There are sooo many meds out there, since everyone is different lets see...

1.Zoloft
2.Celexa
3.Wellbutrin
4.Prozac
5.Paxil
6.Lexapro

Those are just the ones I can think of. I have been on paxil, for a year or so it worked really well and I came off of it to have a baby. When I tried to go back on it again, it made me worse. I believe our bodies change, especially after a baby.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Stacy,

You have the the same thing I am suffering with!!!!!!!!!! Omg it is horrible! I used to be on Zoloft but it wasnt strong enough for me I was taking 200mg a day. So my Doctor switched me to Lexapro and it is working beautifully with NOOOO sexual side effect! I can say I know how you feel 110% And I am so glad that you are feeling better, it sure feels like a weight is lifted huh? :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am taking 100 mg so far, and have just been on it almost a month now, so seeing if things keep getting better. I know I have a long way to go. My brother in law is on Lexapro and it has done wonders for his relationship...

I do like the idea of no sexual side effects

But yes, you are right, it really is a horrible feeling. I couldn't stand myself or anyone else...UGH! And I was sick of being always angry for no good reason. I'd wake up furious... for nothing! Very frustrating indeed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts