Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A zoonosis is a disease common to animals and humans

there are disease's you can catch from a pet, i went to a seminar on zoonotic disease and this is the info i got (i may not work in a vet's office anymore but i will always go to these seminas! very informative) here's a list of zoonotic disease's i was able to copy..... i didn't get all the feline ones, just a select few and i couldn't stay for the whole seminar on exotics sorry... if anyone wants to add to this thread on all the reptilian zoonotic diseases, feline diseases, aviary, rodent ect feel free :) i ahve to admit i never heard of a lot of these before!!!! there are more than this but i couldnt' write as fast as the dr.'s were talking and so many of them weren't talked about, just flashed on the screen, forgive me for any spelling mistakes i was writting fast!. i wish i could compile an entire list but it would be pretty time consuming to check it out on-line.

Anthrax

Blastomycosis

Bergeyella (Weeksella) zoohelcum

Brucella canis

Capmylobabacteriosis

Capnocytophaga canimorsus

Capnocytophaga cynodegmi

Cat scratch disease

Cheyletiellosis

Coccidea

Coenurosis

Cryptosporidiosis

Cutaneous larva migrans

Dermatophytosis

Dipylidium caninum

Echinococcosis

Francisella tularensis

Gastrospirillum hominis

Giardia

Granulocytic ehrlichiosis

Heartworms

Leptospirosis

Lyme disease

Neisseria canis

Neisseria weaveri

Pasteurella multocida

Rabies

Ringworm

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Roundworms

Salmonellosis

Sarcoptic mange or scabies

Sportotrichosis

Staphylococcus intermedius

Strongyloides stercoralis

toxoplasmosis

Trichinosis

Visceral larva migrans

Yersinia enterocolitica

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
im doomed the way I get licked and share food :? Good thing I am into natural health so I may have a cure :) in my cupboard.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ilovesadie said:
Psittacosis (Chlamydiosis) from birds is easily transmissible to humans and causes flu-like symptoms. That's the main avian zoonotic disease we worry about (it's not the STD by the way).
:lol: lol

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ilovesadie said:
Psittacosis (Chlamydiosis) from birds is easily transmissible to humans and causes flu-like symptoms. That's the main avian zoonotic disease we worry about (it's not the STD by the way).
that just might be the one i jotted down on the back of my notebook and i couldn't read my own hand writing! i can make out a "p" and maybe an "s" but i didn't cross my "t's" or dot my "i's" i thought i was writing latin for a second :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts